It’s probably safe to say that what started on April 3, 2014 as a fun hobby is now quite a scene in Budapest that many artists and performing-art-loving people visit — not just the locals, but folks from all over the world. That wasn’t the very first open mic organized in Budapest, but the first in a regularly recurring series: initially every month, then every week, then at more and more different venues on different days of the week, to the point that now there’s one just about every day, in fact some days offer multiple events.
It’s a chance for performing artists to grow: practice, expose their talent, get stage experience, be inspired by other performers, experiment with new material and collaborate with others. Several bands and eclectic formations have taken off from these collaborations and we have some heartwarming success stories of those who have taken things a few steps further.
It’s also a community where people meet, make friends, socialize and find support. We’re truly open. At least so we think. 😉
Partners and contributors
Press Coverage and Testimonials
Yeah, they talk about us in the local and international media, in blogs and online review surfaces like Tripadvisor or even Lonely Planet.
People also leave testimonials on our Facebook page.
- Budapest’s vibrant open mic scene reopens (article on WeLoveBudapest.hu) – June 10, 2021
- M2 Petőfi TV: Szabad a mikrofon! (Hungarian National TV) – March 10, 2020
- Brad Spurgeon’s Blog: Thumbnail guide to open mics, jams and other live music in Budapest
- 5 Reasons To Love Budapest, According to People Who Live There (article on TheCultureTrip.com) – Nov 11, 2019
- Stand-Up Budapest Open Mic
- M2 Petőfi TV: Open Mic estek Budapesten (Hungarian National TV) – Oct 13, 2018
- Jelen Bistro – An inspiring pub like bistro with open mic events and free concerts!
- Open Mic Night Crawl
- English Language Comedy Open Mic Night in Budapest
- Budapest Open Mic Guide by Denae McGaha
- A koncert már unalmas, itt vannak a menő élőzenés programok (article on nuus.hu) – 2018. march 17.
- Open-Mic Nights Rocking Budapest in 2017 (article on WeLoveBudapest.hu) – Feb 20, 2017
- 5 Open-Mic Nights at Varied Budapest Venues (article on WeLoveBudapest.hu) – Feb 22, 2016